GIVE

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Divine Appointments

Isn't it awesome how our Father 'sets us up' sometimes? He may put you in a certain situation with a particular person at His designated time and place for the purpose of glorifying Jesus. Just today I saw Dr. Kandie Sherer and she asked if our church would please put her 84-year-old dad on our prayer list. Of course, I said I would do it that night, being a Wednesday night.



She said he has always been a very active and healthy man, a good, good man. He knew he had cancer but now, they are going to find out how much worse the cancer is than they had believed in the beginning. They will be seeing the doctor in the morning. It seems more involved than they thought before, and will need more treatment. She told me something he said the other day and I wanted to just share it with you. They have a family burial plot where his dad and mom are, and then when he and his wife (of 64 years!!!) pass, they will be buried there also. He wants to be placed where he would be as close as possible to the two women he loves so much, and that way, he would be able to 'protect' them. When he told this, his wife came over to him and gave him a big hug and a kiss and a huge I LOVE YOU. Isn't that a wonderful story? A caring husband, dedicated father and someone who so loves the Lord Jesus Christ, that is a powerful testimony. I don't personally know Kandie's dad, but Neal and Sondra Sandlin are close friends of the family. His name is Harold Sherer and I know you will remember this family in your prayers. Dr. Kandie always brags on Neal and Sondra and her whole family loves them.



Isn't it wonderful that we are able to lift each other up in prayer as a church? That's what it means to be part of the Family of God. What a blessing.



Oh,I have a praise report!

As you may know, I do alot of sewing and quilting and have for 30 years. Much of my things are for sale, some are for family and I try to do a little volunteer sewing. Two weeks ago, I had to return some beautiful pieced "Lonestar" blocks to the Quilting Guild I belong to in Tuscaloosa. Can't say it wasn't tempting to just somehow keep all that pretty stitching someone else had done and donated to the group, but it really did NOT belong to me, so I knew I had to give it all back. That was hard to do. That was on a Saturday morning. The very NEXT day, Sunday morning, Jerrie Scott brought me a huge box of quilt scraps. Yummy!! What I couldn't get over, in the bottom of the box were many gorgeous quilt blocks--done in vintage fabric in the exact same "Lonestar" pattern of the ones I had returned the day before!!!! Less than 24 hours later. Is that GOD or WHAT????? I mean, the exact pattern!! Wow, how's that for the hand of God? Thank you, Jerrie, for your kindness and thoughtfulness.

We have such a great congregation, don't we? Each person fits into the Body to do what He has called us to do. God help us do more for You.

Someone once said "Lord, help me do today what I will wish I had done when I stand in Your Presence".

Amen