GIVE

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Precious Adoni

Oh, Precious Adoni,
lover of my soul,
you suffered, bled and died~
to free me was your goal.

At the hands of friends and brothers,
you took my consequence,
betrayed, alone, upon the tree,
accursed for my offense.

It was my hard heart that set the nails,
it was my sin that cut your flesh.
I took your life with my blasphemy,
and you gave me life afresh.

There are no words to thank you, Lord,
you freed me from sin and strife.
The only thing that I can give,
I give my heart, my soul, my life.



This is a poem written by someone after they saw the movie, "The Passion of the Christ" for the first time in a theatre. This motion picture, produced by Mel Gibson, grips the hearts of men and women even today when they see just what the Lord, God's own royal Son, went through for each one of us. He said while He was on the cross, "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do". Such love is almost too hard to comprehend, but it is true!