GIVE

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Worship with the Firstfruits

When we take Tithes and Offerings each Sunday morning, we have a little routine that we use to honor the Lord with our offerings. Each person holds up their check, money or tithe envelope and repeats this short saying:

"Jesus, as my Lord and High Priest, I bring the firstfruits of my income to You and worship the Lord my God with it. I rejoice in all the good which You have given to me and my household.
I have hearkened to the voice of the Lord my God and have done according to all that He has commanded me. Now look down from Your Holy habitation from Heaven and bless me as you said in Your Word. I thank Father, in Jesus' name."

This is just a bit different than many churches' form of worship with offerings, but we know God's Word is true and we strive to hear and obey His leadership. The scripture most Christians refer to when they speak of tithing is Malachi 3:10. "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven,and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." He goes on to say in verse 11 that the Lord will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and not destroy the fruits of your ground.

Personally, my husband and I take the Lord at His Word and we prove Him~over and over again. So many people will testify to the same thing. God is faithful and is our deliverer and our source!! Praise the Lord, and again, Praise the Lord!