GIVE

Monday, July 13, 2009

Birthday Celebration

What a wonderful day we had Sunday at our church. We were priviledged to share in celebrating the birthdays of Ms. Rosa and also Travis Ray Carter. These two dear people are so precious to our congregation. Ms. Rosa is 80 and Bro. Carter is 84. Her family came down from Missouri to help with the party and the daughters sang "Amazing Grace". What a beautiful thing to witness. Then she spoke for a couple of minutes. She told of being so near death many times and seeing her husband who passed on 12 years ago, and they would walk the sides of a river to come to a bridge. Yet she was told, "No, you can't cross, not yet. There is still more for you to do here on earth." She told us all, "Whatever you do, never, never ever give up on God, no matter what!!!"

I know I am so very blessed to know this precious saint. I know~I KNOW~the Lord allowed me to meet Ms. Rosa for a special reason. She has touched my life in such a sweet way and I am thankful and encouraged through her testimony.

The other birthday was for Travis Ray Carter, who is my step-dad, and has been just like a father to me for more than 25 years. Probably noone in this part of Alabama has not known him in some area. Travis has helped more people with insurance needs, and since he allowed me to work for him for a few years, I was able to see how he went over and above the call to assist folks in whatever way they had need of. Many people simply mentioned having trouble legally or with finances and he would sit down and either call or write a letter to just the right person and before long, the problem would be history.

God knew we would need each other in our earthly walk, and He knows how to bring people together at crucial times in our lives. We only need look around to see the Mighty Hand of God at work. Thank you, Lord, for our family and friends~what a treasure in earthen vessels.