GIVE

Sunday, June 22, 2008

"Through His Name" poem by Tia Smith (June 19, 2008)


On a day probably much like this one a long, long time ago
This man gave His life and He did it for my soul
He had to face the Devil but He did in the Lord's name
and we hung him from a cross and history was made

He was just a man made of flesh and a beating heart
but here was more to Him that counted Him apart
He trusted His Father and obeyed Him till the end
The devil tried to tempt Him but he was too strong to give in

Because of what He went through
the suffering and slaying
I can live and worship and I do it through His name
He is my Lord, my Savior
Thanks to Him we can be saved
at no cost to us at all
But oh what a price He paid

If that's not enough to change us
That would mean He died in vain
I owe all I am to Him
and I do it through His name