GIVE

Sunday, January 4, 2009

MY CHURCH

MY CHURCH

I love and appreciate my church for so many reasons. What a joy to be able to come together in one place to lift up the precious name of Jesus.

When I am tired in body and mind, I go to church to hear the words Jesus spoke "Come to me, and I will give you rest."

When I am weak, my church instructs me to put on the whole armour of God.

When I am sick, my church reminds me that by His stripes, I am healed.

When I am discouraged, my church gently turns me back to God's unfailing promises.

When I am lost and confused, my church tells of God's Word that says, "I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight." Isaiah 45:2

My church is where I go when I am hurting and need to remember that Jesus Christ is the Great Physician.

When I am afraid, my church leads me to those verses that repeat, "My child, Fear not!".

When I am in darkness, the church proclaims that Jesus is the Light of the World.

When I am lonely, my church declares that the Lord will never leave me nor forsake me.

When the enemy attacks me through guilt, my church quotes God's Word, "Your sins and iniquities will I remember no more".

When I am doubtful the answer will come, my church assures me that "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength". Isaiah 40:31

When I feel poor and unworthy, my church points to the the Great I AM, my strength and my salvation.

But most of all, my church is the house of the Lord.

anon