GIVE

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

God is GREAT! Joan's testimony

Yes! He has done it again---amazed us all!

Our theme or subtitle to this blog has been "All things are possible with God", which has came to pass again.

Let me tell you the details, about what God has done for us & how He works in mysterious ways!

We have been meeting in Winfield Recreational Building since October. We have been looking , searching actually for a building we could use on a more permanent basis through the week. This is so we wouldn't have to set up, then break down equipment, before & after service each Sunday. Also we had a set time to be in & out each Sunday. Everything we found to rent was out of our financial range at the moment.

Now, let me tell you a little about my back ground. I was born again when I was 19 years old ( about 19 years ago). I knew in my heart that God was real & he had changed my life FOREVER! However, I had been raised Primitive Baptist ( this certain group did not believe in the born again experience & was very strict upon the teaching of predestination). So my Father was very upset with me to say the least.

Matt 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.(KJV)

Matt 10:38-39 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.(KJV)

So anyway, I have been having the same repetitive dream through the last 19 or so years, which at the time seemed so impossible ( I've had this dream about 3 or 4 times in which I told Brother Dewayne about at the time & we dismissed as unusual but nothing more).

I would dream that we were in the little Primitive Baptist church house, with the hard wood floors, the pews all lined up on the sides in the front facing the speaker, and long rows on each side when you came through the entrance. Except it was a spiritual service like we have in the Church of God. And the building was FULL!

Now, back to the original story. We have been looking for a building to have church in.... Brother Todd Scott was going to work one day & took a short cut & turned around & there it was, an empty church house.. Well, Brother Todd knew the people next door & asked about the building & they said they might rent it to us. So an appointment was made to meet Friday night with the Trustee.

Brother Dewayne , Brother Todd, & I met with the Trustee that night. As I walked in the building I knew this was the place. I was trying not to get too excited about the place. It was a primitive Baptist church, with the hard wood floors, pews lined up the same, just like my dream. I didn't even realize it at the time , but I just leaped in my spirit! God is sooo Good!